Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012

From the beginning!

Let's start from the beginning of my quest. It all started many years ago (about 15) when I started suffering from excessive gas and belching. Through the years, I went to doctor after doctor to find out what was wrong. I was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia, GERD, acid reflux and on and on. They did Upper GI's, Scopes, Swallow tests and on and on. I was put on every medication they could put me on but nothing helped. Finally, at the end of last year, things really started spiraling out of control. By March of this year, I couldn't eat or drink anything with out getting so severely bloated (stomach would swell 6" beyond normal) and most of the time being doubled over in pain or spending an entire day visiting with the porcelain throne that my Doctor finally sent me to a medical university to find out what was going on. After several tests that I had never had before, I was finally diagnosed as having an issue with HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup). And this is where my quest began.

Once I had my diagnosis, I began looking at food labels, something I had never done before, trying to find products that didn't contain the HFCS. I was shocked at the amount of foods that contain HFCS. Cereal, ketchup, peanut butter, jelly, mayonaise, bread, pickles, dressing, ice cream and the list goes on and on!! But I really started noticing all the other ingredients listed on those food labels too! Stuff I couldn't even begin to pronounce!! So I began checking those out as well and what I have discovered should make you sickened by what they are doing to our food.

So I invite you on this journey into the realm of food additives and what exactly they are. Things like HFCS, BHT, Propylene Glycol, Castoreum, L-Cystiene, and many, many more. I will share with you both sides of the coin and let you decide for yourself whether or not you think it's good for you. But I ask you to really look at the source of the information and weigh all the pro's and con's before you make your choices.

I will also be sharing recipes to be able to make things at home so you don't have to rely on buying the pre-made stuff at the store.

I look forward to getting to know you!

Blessings,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment